Re: Bastille linux : secure linux distribution

At 19:51 -0400 1999-06-03, Branden Robinson wrote:
On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 11:40:12PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
The distribution will be based on Red Hat for several reasons:
[...]
   2.The packaging  format is good (does one critical thing which Debian
   packages don't and which we need: multiple patches per package) though
   not perfect.  (Nothing is, though.)

Someone please ask these people to retract this vile slander.

Debian *CAN* support multiple patches per package *IF* the maintainer
chooses to do things that way.  My proof?

apt-get source xfree86-1

(This implementation of source handling is thanks to Adam Heath.)

or apt-get source egcs or apt-get source glibc.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>