Bastille linux : secure linux distribution

based on RedHat 6.0 :-(

The reason given on the web site (http://www.bastille-linux.org) :

-----
The distribution will be based on Red Hat for several reasons:

   1.It's the most common distribution; we want people to want to use it,
   so we have to be similar to what they want to use.

   2.The packaging  format is good (does one critical thing which Debian
   packages don't and which we need: multiple patches per package) though
   not perfect.  (Nothing is, though.)

   3.The install process is GPL'ed, so we can muck around with it to our
   heart's content. (The SuSE installer is NOT, AFAIK, and doesn't even
   seem to qualify as open source, according to what I've heard.)

   4.I've mucked with the installer before in some ways, so I'm at least a
   little comfortable with it. :-)

   5.It's reliably multi-platform. While x86 is our primary target, it's
   certainly not our only target.

   6.The installer appears to be the best for installations of multiple
   machines, a must for organizations with large numbers of similar boxes.
   The install also appears to have most of the pieces needed for CD
   customization.
------

You know what is important for Debian now ... :-)

But that's not the intent of my message, many of you may have already
read the announce on bugtraq. Although they are basing their work on
RedHat they want to share their experience and we should from time to
time take a look on what they did in order to incorporate the best
changes ...

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/