Re: split packages

In article <19990604000315.A12827@rising.com.au> you wrote:

> Upstream is providing them as three separate sources -- that's the problem,
> since built versions of geda-symbols and libgeda2 will be needed to
> build gschem.

Another solution, which I use for BIND, is to unpack the multiple upstream
source pieces into one tree, and tar that up to create the .orig.tar.gz.  It
isn't "pristine upstream source", but it's no more vile than having to unpack
a .zip to make a .orig.tar.gz...  Then, you can treat it as one source package
making multiple binary packages, and all is easy.

Bdale