Re: calling Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> [the long version]

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 01:24:53AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Until then, you should realize that some of us don't have money for the
> bigger and better ISPs.  When it comes right down to it, we have what we
> have because it's all we can get.  This means we can't rely on their
> servers---fine.  We can run our own servers!  You want to punish me by
> causing not just yourself but entire ISPs full of people to be unable to
> receive mail from me simply because I cannot afford a better provider.
>
> That is what it boils down to.

You're taking it personally -- it isn't. The problem is that your ISP
sounds like a great place for spammers to send their bulk mail from.
It's not about censoring you!

So your ISP provides you with lots of hours of connectivity, but
no usable mail relay. Which is most important to you?

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).