Re: Automatically restart daemons

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Tom wrote:

> Well, what specifcally would the advantage of that be?  Since you need
> to reload the servers at other times, the install script can just call
> the reload script.

The modifications are only useful on machines where manual editing takes
place.  You could for example change where some stuff is being logged to
in syslog, and while still viewing the file in emacs, give the command to
restart syslogd.  The same goes for apache and all the other daemons on
the system.  It has proven a very useful feature in the past and one that
doesn't require much on our part to take to Debian's users.

Cheers,

Matt

  \\\\/////  Matt Kern            Tel: (01223) 355588
   \_____/