Re: Ideas for pppconfig
Edward Betts writes:
> So what else is planned for the 2.0 release? I saw the dynamic DNS that
> was mentioned, looks pretty cool, anything else?
Well, it is in Perl, of course. That allowed me to do away with the tags
in the provider files: they can contain anything that pppd will accept. It
also allowed me to get rid of the "shadow" chatscripts, but at the price of
putting tags in the chatscripts.
* Select connection to change from a menu
* Select connection to delete from a menu
* "Advanced" menu for the more esoteric options
* More chatscript flexibility
* More pppd options
* Use of 'remotename' to allow the same username with multiple providers
* Dynamic DNS
* Seperate nameservers for each provider
* Automatic detection of serial ports and modems
* Support for internationalization
> What would be the best way of showing them to the user and asking them to
> select one?
Maybe ask for the phone number first and try to match it to an ISP? If
that fails ask the name of the ISP and look it up, and if that fails offer
firstname.lastname@example.org (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill