Re: [dpkg bug?] `packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.'
- To: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <email@example.com>
- Cc: "Debian Developers' Forum" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [dpkg bug?] `packages.c:191: process_queue: Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.'
- From: email@example.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
- Date: 02 Jun 1999 15:13:57 -0700
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho's message of "Mon, 31 May 1999 23:31:31 +0300"
- References: <email@example.com> <19990531233131.A8769@ugh.jyu.fi.invalid>
>>>>> "Antti-Juhani" == Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Antti-Juhani> On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 07:30:57PM +0000, Karl
Antti-Juhani> M. Hegbloom wrote:
>> I have no clue what is wrong. Is this a bug I should report
>> against `dpkg'?
Antti-Juhani> It is a long-known bug. Please don't re-report it.
Antti-Juhani> Workaround: use --force-depends to fix the
So does anyone know what causes it? It happens when I install the
current version of `cmucl' in potato. If I uninstall that, the
assert failure in dpkg goes away.
The `--force-depends' worked.