How to I build a Debian package ?

Hi !

I have been running Linux for some years now, Debian the last 2, but I
havent had the time to help much. My school is almost finished now, so I
going to get a lot of time soon, so I figured I wanted to help out.  My
first thought was to learn how to build debs.  Can anyone point out some
docs (I know there is some, but not which to read) or give me a short
introduction ?  If there are other things I can help with  (I no
programmer, but I got a server on a fast connection and can do lots of
other things) I would be happy to do so.

Regards ..

Mark Nellemann