Re: knfsd

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 10:19:08 +0100, Andrew Chittenden wrote:
> Be warned: the kernel nfs server is not bug free. I've reported the
> problem below to the kernel people a long time ago but have received no
> acknowledgement. Perhaps it got lost down a black hole.

That may well be true. I'm not following linux-kernel, so I'm going by LWN
for this one:

Quoting from http://lwn.net/1999/0513/a/knfsd.html :
}Subject: knfsd 1.3a is released.
}To:     nfs-devel@ftp.kernel.org (Linux NFS)
}Date:   Mon, 10 May 1999 18:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
}From:   hjl@varesearch.com (H.J. Lu)
}
}This is the Linux kernel NFS daemon 1.3a. It is based on linux-nfs
}0.4.22. It is tested on Linux/alpha and Linux/x86 running glibc 2.0.7.
}
}WARNING: The NFS servers in Linux 2.2 to 2.2.7 are not compatible with
}other NFS client implemenations. If you plan to use Linux 2.2.x as an
}NFS server for non-Linux NFS clients, you should apply the patches
}enlosed here.
}
}I made my knfsd package available only because I use it and noone else
}seems to maintain it. But I don't have much time to really work on it.
[snip]

Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch