ssh2 in non-us?

so i ran dselect today and noticed that ssh2 had finally been packaged. so
being the patriotic debianner that i am, i grabbed it and moved my local
copies of ssh2 away. now i restarted everything, and yet when i try to ssh
to my school account (running sshd2 2.0.11) my public key no longer seems to
work. i know neither copy of the public or private key has changed (i
checked), and i can ssh from either host to itself just fine. i can't
imagine that a superminor version change would make such a difference...
does anyone have any idea?

--p.
"For a price I'd do about anything, except pull the trigger: for that I'd
need a pretty good cause" -- Queensryche, "Revolution Calling"
PGP 5.0 key (0xE024447449) at http://cif.rochester.edu/~jpt/pubkey.txt