Re: New db.debian.org address

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Sun, May 30, 1999 at 03:24:52PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe écrivait:
> > Right now it does not actually effect a change of password, it only goes
> > through the motions of generating and encrypting.
>
> Ok it worked for me apart that the magic phrase is
> "Please change my password" (without Debian)

Oops! I changed that text in the wrong window :|

> Also the generated password is awful (10 caracters long even if height are
> only useful) and is not generated with simple memorization in mind. :-)

Yes, you are intended to either install a ssh-rsa key immediately after or
to change it to something you like immediately after, not to use it long
term.

> If you could move the encrypted passwd in a mime attachment so that mutt
> users can read it without manually piping the message through pgp/gpg it
> would be great.

I looked into this, the PGP/MIME spec does not say how to have a combined
cleartext and encrypted message like I have generated and I was told that
mutt could not handle a nested PGP/MIME arrangement.

If someone can generate one then send it over to me and I will duplicate
the technique.

Jason