Re: Bugs in bash (was: Release-critical Bugreport)

On 29-May-99, 02:43 (CDT), Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> wrote:
> So should these be removed from debian/rules and add these two lines to the
> postinst:
>
> [ ! -x /bin/sh ] && ln -sf bash /bin/sh
> [ ! -e /usr/man/man1/sh.1.gz ] && ln -sf bash.1.gz /usr/man/man1/sh.1.gz

I'd worry about this, in my ignorance. What would the affect of this be
on the base install? AFAIK, the post installs don't run...and in any
case, there would be a period of time when /bin/sh didn't exist on the
target partition(s). Now, since the target isn't being used until after
the system reboots, that might be ok, but it needs to be thought about
and tested in that environment, not just in an upgrade.

Steve