Re: i386 is a port, too (was: Re: choices for autobuilder, ...

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> !!! This gets more and more important. "Ports" are no longer ports anymore,
> but primary development platforms for many people. It's important to raise
> awareness of this.
>
> It seems more people are needed to build i386 ports of packages.

I mentioned this *LAST YEAR* already and was essentially rebuffed.
Many packages in i386, including ones such as elm, are outdated.  For
me, this is because my development platform is Alpha and nobody (or
very few) people are porting things back to i386.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 141,675,768th prime number is 2,939,487,029.