Re: newbie comments on editor choice

> As a newbie, let me say that AE is workable.  I can immediately do
> simple editing.  I doubt I ever take the time to learn vi.  It was
> NTemacs that woo-ed me into the Linux camp.  Emacs was the first
> download after base.  I "wallowed" in running emacs from a unix prompt
> before ftping more packages to dselect.

There is a vim tutorial in /usr/doc/vim. I never used vi, I read the tutorial
once, I'm hooked -- try it :)

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee
 "The End is near." -- http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/7771/666.htm