about the base section (was Re: gettext packages)

I think people may be confused by the 'base' section.  All it means is
that the package is included in the 'base system' as determined by the
boot-floppies package (baseX_Y.tgz).

Currently, 'base' as defined in the archive is indeed out of sync with
base as defined above.  I would appreciate it if someone would get a
copy of the cvs sources from cvs.debian.org/debian-boot (module
boot-floppies), determine exactly what needs to be done (added and
removed from the base section in the Debian archive), and file an
important bug against ftp.debian.org with that information.