Hi. I'm packaging Cyrus IMAPD from
My non-native english says this is "don't charge money
for distribution", but otherwise free:
# Copyright 1998 Carnegie Mellon University
# No warranties, either expressed or implied, are made regarding the
# operation, use, or results of the software.
# Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
# documentation is hereby granted for non-commercial purposes only
# provided that this copyright notice appears in all copies and in
# supporting documentation.
# Permission is also granted to Internet Service Providers and others
# entities to use the software for internal purposes.
# The distribution, modification or sale of a product which uses or is
# based on the software, in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or
# benefits requires specific, additional permission from:
# Office of Technology Transfer
# Carnegie Mellon University
# 5000 Forbes Avenue
# Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
# (412) 268-4387, fax: (412) 268-7395
Other copyright notices pertaining to parts of Cyrus:
Copyright 1987 by the Student Information Processing Board
of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software
and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is
hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice
appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and
this permission notice appear in supporting documentation,
and that the names of M.I.T. and the M.I.T. S.I.P.B. not be
used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution
of the software without specific, written prior permission.
M.I.T. and the M.I.T. S.I.P.B. make no representations about
the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is
provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
* Copyright (c) 1983 Eric P. Allman
* Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the University of
* California, Berkeley and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
Havoc Consulting | unix, linux, perl, mail, www, internet, security consulting
+358 50 5486010 | software development, unix administration, training