Re: An 'ae' testimony (suggestion)

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 01:11:50AM +0200, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 1999, Martin Kahlert wrote:
>
> > I found a very small vi-clone named levee on
> > http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code
> > its exefile is 36K. Would that be small enough?
>
> Please do not let this (or any other vi clone) become the _only_
> editor on the boot disks.

nobody has suggested that vi be the ONLY editor on the rescue disk.

what has been suggested is that *IF* there is space for a small vi clone
then it should be there.

my bet is that most of those in favour of vi being on the boot disks
would also be in favour of ae BECAUSE it's the smallest simple editor
and is therefore less likely to use up valuable space which could
otherwise be used for a decent vi clone.

the point is moot at this moment in time, though, because there isn't
enough space. that may change in future.

craig

--
craig sanders