Re: Time to rewrite dpkg

According to Goswin Brederlow:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
> > On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 09:03:33PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > > But there seem to be enough C++ deevelopers around here, and more and more
> >
> > C++ is mostly popular because microsoft is using it, ...
>
> Thats not my reason to C++, but might be others. But C++ is just
> nice. :)

Microsoft has followed, not led, the C++ herd.  There were many C++
compilers around before Microsoft's.  I have fond memories of using
Turbo C++ 1.0....

And yes, I also use C++ because I like it.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."