Re: PROPOSAL: automatic installation and configuration

Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@cs.unitn.it> writes:

>..
> A partial transition would be better than nothing. The important thing now
> is to decide if we need automatic installation or not. If we need it we
> shouldn't wait any more.

The question isn't wheather we need id, but how. At the moment two
proposals are in the run for automatik installation, mine and yours,
if I'm right. Since both have much in common, I would like to merge
the two and get started with a subset that will be extended as we go
along. (Subset meaning only few types of questions, few options and
few interfaces at first).

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin

PS: ftp://mirjam.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/pub/debian/proposal.txt