Re: Time to rewrite dpkg

Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 09:03:33PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >
> > But there seem to be enough C++ deevelopers around here, and more and more
>
> C++ is mostly popular because microsoft is using it, ...

Thats not my reason to C++, but might be others. But C++ is just
nice. :)

Siedler III is written in C++. It just screams for OO design and C++
handles that quite well for games.

> > will follow (if you haven't noticed, on universities they teach Scheme, Java
> > , Perl and C++, depends on which faculty you are looking, AI, linguistics or
> > math/computer science).
>
> yes sadly, no haskell, or sml, ...

I heard "Concepts of programming languages" here in tuebingen. We had
to use several unkommon languages, no perl, c/c++, java and such
alike. I realy liked that. Learned a lot there.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin