Re: An 'ae' testimony

Sven LUTHER writes ("Re: An 'ae' testimony"):
>On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 02:27:39PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
>> >
>> > Sure this happened to me a long time ago, didn't try ae since because of it
>> > though.
>>
>> One question: how can you blame ae for not working, when you rely on
>> outdated information about it?! (today we'd call that plain FUD :)
>
>I just told what i experienced, and it was so bad an experience, that i never
>wanted to use it since, to the point that i better used echo, grep, cat and
>other such stuff when editing fstab files.

Well, I still experience the ae 'hang on exit' bug, and my version of
'ae' is the one from 2.1:

%dpkg -l ae
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  ae              962-21.1       Anthony's Editor -- a tiny full-screen edito

So, I got curious and decided to try the one from potato, seeing as it
didn't require me to do any other upgrades.

%dpkg -l ae
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
ii  ae              962-24         Anthony's Editor -- a tiny full-screen edito

And I still get ae to hang at least 1 time in 20 one exiting normally,
about 1 time in 5 in "vi emulation" mode.  And it only seems to happen
on a text console, not in an xterm.

Shall I submit a new bug or reopen the old one?

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			PhD. Candidate and Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept