Re: An 'ae' testimony

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 05:46:29PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> joseph> It didn't work right console, that was my issue.  It may work
> joseph> better now, but the thing is still messy and the editor
> joseph> doesn't allow you to do basic editor functions.
>
> How can you sit there, with your bare face hanging out, and say in one
> breath that you haven't tried it for a while, and in the other breath,
> claim it's broken?

because the version is 962-23 and I last tried 962-21.1, aaand...

ae (962-23) unstable; urgency=low

  * Set up "fake" vi mode to work with update-alternatives instead of script.
  *   * Use a wrapper script, ae.vi.sh, to use the correct rc file.
  *   * Set update-alternatives to call the script for calls to vi.
  *   * Set priority for update-alternatives to -20 for immediate replacement.
  * This should fix the problem for the HURD caused by the original script.

 -- Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>  Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:22:17 -0400

ae (962-22) frozen unstable; urgency=high

  * recompiled under slang1 to match non-maintainer upload
  * added patch so LD = $(CC): fixes 31545
  * added glibc 2.1 patch for strdup: fixes 22530 and 22637
  * removed extra reference to ^? in ae2vi.rc: fixes 23572

 -- Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>  Wed,  6 Jan 1999 17:39:12 -0500

Nothing there indicates a fix for the problems I've had with it.  In
fact, the only thing that could come close is the ^? reference which is
in the vi mode, not the normal mode.

<awkward> anyone around?
<Flav> no, we're all irregular polygons