Re: Netscape under unstable...

Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > Alternatively, if egcs 2.95 is out and packaged before I release -5
> > > (probably next week), that may have the fix.
> > Not likely. GCC 2.95 (formerly EGCS 1.2) just made a stable branch and
> > is complete code freeze. The first of July is the target release date
> > (all Debian users know, of course, that it will be released excatly on
> > that date.)
>
> Well, there's no point freezing if you're not going to fix SOME bugs,
> otherwise you might as well release the day you freeze.  The question is
> whether this optimization error is considered critical enough to fix before
> release.  Having never written an LALR parser, let alone a code generator,
> I wouldn't presume to dictate standards of bug severity to the GCC
> developers.

I didn't mean that the bug wasn't fixed, just that it wasn't likely to
be packaged before next week. I assume the bug has been reported? It's
been a long time since egcs 1.1 and many bugs were only fixed in the
mainline sources, so it may have been fixed for a while. If you're
interested enough, the egcs-ss packages in experimental should show you
whether it's been fixed in the most recent version.