Re: stupid idea - metapackages

>>>>> "Philip" == Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

Philip> How about creating a new section ``profiles'' for them, so
Philip> that they are all grouped together in dselect ?

I think it's a little too early for new sections.  The boot-floppies
team, in particular, wanted to see someone implement some metapackages
before moving the profile/task system over to them.

[Also, I think we need to totally rip up our archive sections, adding
stuff like 'database', 'i18n', 'lang/perl', 'lang/python',
'lang/elisp', etc, and also allow pkgs to be in more than one
section.]

BTW, we still need a volunteer to do some serious task/profile ->
metapackage conversion, based on Stephane Bortzmeyer's work in the
boot-floppies pkg.  I don't think my one little metapackage is going
to be enough data to work with.