Re: stupid idea - metapackages

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Christian Meder <meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
>
> > When this idea was tossed around for the first time (around Sep 1998) we
> > settled for profile-* packages.
>
> I'm amenable to using 'profile-*' naming.  Martin?

How about creating a new section ``profiles'' for them, so that they
are all grouped together in dselect ?

If we could come up with a section name that resulted in them being
sorted to the top that would be even better.  Would .profiles (that's
got a dot on the front) do the trick ?  This would be good, since Unix
types would probably assume that the dot meant that there was southing
sort of hidden going on, and the similarity to .profile conjures up
something that happens at startup (i.e. installation) time.

Cheers, Phil.