FROM envelope rewite (Was: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender)

* Brian Almeida (Tue, May 18, 1999 at 05:02:13PM -0400)
> On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 01:20:03AM +0200, Mail Delivery System wrote:
> > This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
> Can we please block this guy?

It seems that there is a rewriting in the headers from

I suspect this is done by exim after the fetchmail step, or that the
POP3 server doesn't save the FROM address in the envelope, and that
the next MTA or MDA tries to fix this by being creative.

If the rewriting hadn't been done, the mail had bounced to the list
handler, and not to the list itself.

Anyone with more skill and experience with header parsing that know?

--
 SSM - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen
  Trust the Computer, the Computer is your Friend