Re: Pthread programming

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 03:35:47PM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio was heard to say:
> Scavenging the mail folder resulted in Patrick Bertholon writing:
> >                   Hello,
> >
> >     I'm making a program using Linux pthread, from the glibc 2.0.7t.
> > There are few points that I'd like to understand more.
> >
> >      1) With linux Posix Thread, when a thread receive a signal (for
> > example a segmentation fault), do  the other thread of the same program
> > automatically receive the same signal, or there is an attribute to
> > activate ?
>
> If I remember correctly, different threads have different pids and
> only one thread receive the signal.

  I believe that terminal signals and SIGSTOP are delivered to all threads.
  Otherwise gdb wouldn't work too well :-)  (actually potato's gdb doesn't
work with threads anyway..)

  Daniel

--
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of