Re: Pthread programming

Patrick Bertholon <Patrick.Bertholon@Supelec.fr> writes:

>      1) With linux Posix Thread, when a thread receive a signal (for
> example a segmentation fault), do  the other thread of the same program
> automatically receive the same signal, or there is an attribute to
> activate ?
>
>      2)  Is there a mean for a thread to know in which state are the
> other thread of the same program (ie running, waiting, killed,
> stoped...) ?

I don't recall either of these off the top of my head, but you can
probably find answers to both if (presuming you're using libc6) you
install glibc-doc and look at "info -f /usr/share/info/libc.info".
(It would just be "info libc", but things seem a little hammered right
now during what appears to be the /usr/info to /usr/share/info
transition.)