Re: Haskell in Debian

Hi.

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 02:00:55AM +0200, Rui Zhu wrote:
> Just FYI, accidently I found at the GHC site that this file can cause
> trouble, there is memory leak.  (see
> <http://research.microsoft.com/users/t-simonm/ghc/download_ghc_402.html>)

I know, SPJ got fed up with all the reports so he added a note. You
can also get things to compile with GhcHcOpts += -optCrts-M100m which
just ups the heap limit to 100Mb! But I imagine the solution posted is
probably more sensible.

I have made no progress with GHC compiling, the hsc that's built dies
in fflush (in the supplied binary RTS). I'm considering taking a
binary editor (ah, the memories of svgalib) to that file given that
the call is apparently redundant. So what's NOP in Intel asm? :)

I have posted a bug against libc6, it looks like it may be related to
the IO problems people were having with C++ (null pointer when trying
to call the "sync" method associated with an io stream, in my case).

It may just require a recompile of the RTS. I did try using the built
RTS instead of the supplied one, but it didn't work properly.

Giuliano.