Re: Debian coding style?

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 03:07:44AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > 7. Comments : Please comment your code, it makes everyone's life easier.
> > Comment major
> Have a look at the comp.programming.literate newsgroup, and probably
> Levy/Knuth's CWEB or Marc van Leeuwen's CWEBx.  (I can give you URLs
> for those if you want.)  Requires an extra preprocessor step, but the
> results are well worth it.

Or Norman Ramsey's NoWeb, which also has a large following and is language
independent.

# apt-get install nowebm           # Norman Ramsey's noweb
# apt-get install cweb cweb-latex  # Levy/Knuth's CWEB (the original)
# apt-get install cwebx            # Marc Van Leeuwen's CWEBx
# apt-get install fweb             # (for C/C++/Fortran/Ratfor)

There are a few other variants about too that haven't, afaik, been
packaged. There are also variants for Windows, too, but I have no idea
about them. The litprog FAQ goes into more detail.

The noweb home page,

    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~nr/noweb/

is probably a good starting point.

Cheers,
aj, who likes litprog in theory, but still hasn't gotten much practice
    at it.

``Smart, sexy, single. Pick any two (you can't have all three).''
        -- RFC 1925, paraphrased: a guide to networking in the '90s