Re: request to kill nag messages

Brian Almeida <brian@cicat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 04:45:11PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > And what do you propose should be done with bugs that are so old? Still
> > let them stay open and look somewhere else? No, that isn't a solution.
> > The solution is to contact the developer and ask them about the bugs and
> > try to track the problem down and fix the bug. This has nothing do to
> > with spamming instead these are person, which are interested in
> > improving th quality of the distribution.

> Considering the X bug list, I'm sure branden got a quite large mailing
> from 'Nag' about old bugs - yet from what I understand, he can't
> possibly go through that list until some modifications are done to the
> BTS.

Hm, in the list from NAG are the URLs which lead to the page with the
bugreport on it. So what modifications need to be done for making these
messages usable?

> 'Nag' also goes to developers personally, not only to -devel.

So where's the problem with getting an reminder about your old open
bugs, which you need to fix?

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                                  Debian Developer *
*         Use Debian - a free Operating System for your PC         *