Re: request to kill nag messages

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 03:32:20PM -0400, shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:

> > I'm not the only one to be annoyed at the nag messages that are sent out.
> > Can the script please be disabled.  There are better ways to find out bugs
> > you have open.  Long-standing bugs are likely to be less important than
> > recent bugs too.
> >

> I would rather see the old bugs closed.  An old bug is still a bug.
>
> Don't like the messages, help close the bugs.

Wrong.  Brian White is no longer the release manager, so he has no special
privilege to send mails like this.

This is no different from some "helpful" developer spamming people who,
say, have had bugs open for over a year.  Such people have (rightly) come
under fire in the past.

It's time to do away with grandfather clauses.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   I must despise the world which does not
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   know that music is a higher revelation