Re: Hints about future improvements

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 02:51:20AM +0200, Gabor Fleischer was heard to say:
> Hi everyone,

                                  [snip]

> There could be a value in the control file like: Last-changed-version or
> something similar. apt/dselect could decide from this wether it
> needs to download this package or not.

  I was browsing the debian-devel archives recently and came across an old
thread on distributing binary diffs of packages.  Did anything ever come out of
that?  It looked pretty intriguing but even the program mentioned (xdiff) seems
to have vanished from the distribution.

  Daniel

--
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of