Re: (LONG) Correct non-US solution

Hi,
>>"Jonathan" == Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> writes:

 Jonathan> Changes to a packages control file:
 Jonathan> ---------------------------------- Two new fields are added
 Jonathan> to the control file, Import-Restricted and
 Jonathan> Export-Restricted.  These fields take a comma delimited
 Jonathan> list of countries.

 Jonathan> For example,

 Jonathan> Package: ssh
 Jonathan> Export-Restricted: United States
 Jonathan> Import-Restricted: Russia, France

        I like the idea, but I am concerned about
 a) Potential liability placed on the maintainer (is he liable for
    being wrong or not having the complete list of countries in eithe
    category?
 b) the additional burden placed on developers (I have no idea what
    laws strange countries may have about even what is, to me,
    innocuous pieces of software).

        I think we may need a repository (which may just be a file)
 that people contribute to, which would be a resource that developers
 can look at. Since more hands are doing the work, there are fewer
 chances of errors. On the other hand that may make the project, or at
 least all contributors, partly liable as well.

        manoj
--
 So this is it.  We're going to die.