RE: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

Title: RE: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

> Yes, ...
>
> but mozilla is pretty big, 17MB i think, so the compile will
> use lots of disk
> space and compile time, so i prefer to know if it should
> work, or if there
> should be major problems to it, and not discover after a
> night's compile time
> what went wrong. Also a list of source dependencies would be nice.
>
> Or even to know before i start downloading and compiling that
> it will not work
> anyway.
>
> Also the mozilla web pages are not very informative about non-i386
> compilability, but then maybe i didn't search in the right place ...
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven LUTHER

Yes -- it took nearly 3 hours over a 33.3 phone connection to download
CVS.  A tarball would have been much faster.

It actually builds fairly quickly -- on the order of 40 minutes on my
K6-2.  I could attempt to build it on faure and see what happens.

If we can get the configuration scripts to work cleanly (they are
pretty close now) we should be able to let the various build daemons
do the boring work later.

-Brent