Re: Package to give away/orphan: GNU acct

  Robert>  [sorry for not getting to this message sooner]

 No sweat.

  Dirk> GNU acct is still broken for 2.2 kernels. I thought a recompile would
  Dirk> fix it, but it doesn't.

  Robert>  Not true:

[..]

Well, that is good news. I _thought_ I had it working as well. Maybe I just
messed up on which of my two machines I was running it?

Which kernel-sources, running kernel, libc6, egcc, ... are you using ?  I
think on my build machine it is

edd@miles:~> dpkg -l kernel-image-2.2.7 kernel-source-2.2.5 libc6 egcc|grep ^ii
ii  kernel-image-2. edd.1          Linux kernel binary image.
ii  kernel-source-2 2.2.5-2        Linux kernel source.
ii  libc6           2.0.7.19981211 GNU C Library: shared libraries
ii  egcc            2.91.66-0slink The GNU (egcs) C compiler.

  Robert> I can take over the package for you or at least make an NMU,

Well, it might be sufficient if I can bounce a few things off you, and if we
both try a thing or two.

  Robert> but I won't have time to make something that autodetects
  Robert> 2.0.x/2.2.x to work with both, at least not anytime soon.

Well, I wrote something simple in Perl for the last package, but Shaleh says
it fails on his box.  What does /usr/sbin/compare_kernel_version say for you?
[ Note that I turned the $debug flag on here: ]

edd@miles:~> /tmp/compare_kernel_version 2.0
2.2 ? 2.0
2.2 >= 2.0
edd@miles:~> /tmp/compare_kernel_version 2.1
2.2 ? 2.1
2.2 >= 2.1
edd@miles:~> /tmp/compare_kernel_version 2.2
2.2 ? 2.2
2.2 >= 2.2
edd@miles:~> /tmp/compare_kernel_version 2.3
2.2 ? 2.3
2.2 < 2.3

  Robert> I think that shipping a broken-for-2.0.x acct package in potato
  Robert> would be acceptable.

That was all I was shooting for given my limited time. After all, the acct in
slink is fine-for-2.0-but-broken-for-2.2.

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.