Re: Release Plans (19990513)

> I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about here.
>
> I use NIS and PAM all the time on RedHat (and Debian - although half
> of our stuff is not yet pamified).  What exactly has to be pamified in
> the nis package?  (In RH 6.0, setting up an NIS client is as easy as
> typing the domain name into a text widget during the install.)

IIRC, the nis server was running Debian and the nis client was running RH
5.2; until I switched everything to unix_auth, the client wouldn't verify
passwords using the NIS server.  On a different setup, both the system and
the server were running RH 5.2, and NIS wouldn't work until unix_auth was
used in /etc/pam.d/login; what's the point of using PAM if you end up using
unix_auth?

					Marcelo