Re: Release Plans (19990513)

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 02:28:16PM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:

>   PAM:
> Ben Collins sponsored full pamification as a release goal.  The main
> packages that need work are the shadow suite, and xdm.

/me blinks...

has nis (the package) been PAMified?  I positively hate PAM because it's an
all or nothing "solution".  After helping some people set nis up on a couple
of RH boxes, we all agreed RH sucks big time.  They PAMified what they
considered important, and their nis package wasn't on that list.  End
result: you have lots of PAMified stuff, but you can't use most of PAM's
features.

				Marcelo