Re: Homapages in list of maintainers

Hi !

In article <[🔎] 14136.22905.293353.87502G@lavender.debian.gr.jp>
 Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp> writes:

> I can volunteer to do it, if it is really needed and anyone object to it.
> I've been maintain Debian JP machines, ftp archive, web server,
> mailing-list and Debian official mirror in Japan about two years or three.

Thank you for your proposal :). I think it is required very much to get
the Debian project to be more global organization as fast as we can,
because if more people can join the project smoothly, the project can
get more resource to do various task. if someone has the required condition
to pass the verification by the New Maintainers Group, I can not find
the merit of keep him (or her) in the long waiting queue. If the problem
is only related to the human power, the action to do should be to increase
the member of the Group, not to keep the queue longer.

Adam Di Calro told "Remember that approving new maintainer is
a very _sensitive_ area", and I think it should be, but if the members in
the Debian Project want to make this project to be true global and universal,
an action to make the waiting queue shorter should be taken anyway now or
in the near future.

I am eager to know if anyone has objection.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <xlj06203@nifty.ne.jp>