Re: Uploading to pandora (nonus)

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> debian/control file contains:
> Section: non-us/net
>
> > or
> >
> > - unstable
> > - non-US
> > - non-free
>
> debian/control file contains:
> Section: non-us/non-free
Who decides weather a non-US package goes in non-US/main, non-US/contrib or
non-US/non-free? Are there any guidelines available?

Practical question from a porter: imagine some of my recent uploads have
rejected, because they do not follow yet the new sceme. Allthough when the
source package was uploaded, there was no new scheme yet. Now when I build
that package I have to edit debian/control as a porter otherwise the port
will not be included until the maintainer edits debian/control? And when I
edit it, I'll have to find out myself in which section the package will go,
ie by locating the source/i386-bin package on the non-US server?
Maybe all non-US packages should be repacked...

Ciao,
Christian.