Re: Uploading to pandora (nonus)

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 12:38:36PM +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> How do I distinguish between "stable" and "unstable" in this scenario ?
>
> How do I define that my package should go into:
>
> - unstable
> - non-US
> - main
>
> or
>
> - unstable
> - non-US
> - non-free
>
> There is something I have never understood and can't find in the docs
> either. Since I don't have any non-free or non-US packages (yet) I never
> had to worry about this.

Distributions are named stable, unstable and frozen. Sections are named
main, contrib, non-US and non-free. Subsections are admin, base etc.

However, in the non-US case, the subsections aren't admin, base et al,
but main, contrib and non-free. There aren't any subsubsections, like
admin, base etc., but that is not important since there aren't that many
non-US applications.

So, for example, GnuPG package would have `Section: non-US/main` in its
debian/control file, and ssh would have `Section: non-US/non-free`.