Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

Randolph Chung wrote:
>The VESA PnD (plug and display) specs can be downloaded from the VESA web
>site (http://www.vesa.org/pnd.pdf). A cursory flip through the specs seem to
>indicate that it will indeed provide video timing (as well as other
>interesting pieces of) information about your display hardware.=20

Yes.

>Is there a different PnP monitor spec that people are talking about? This
>(the VESA spec) is what my monitor uses.

Yes.

pnd.pdf covers the *hardware* interface between the computer and monitor
that makes DDC possible. It makes a reference to the DDC specification for
software implementations and command sets.

Since Debian is making a distribution, not video cards and monitors, this
information doesn't really apply to us.

If you can find the DDC specification on Vesa's site without paying money,
we'd all be very happy. :)
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Now we'll have to kill you." -- Linus Torvalds