Re: Bug#37345: PROPOSAL] Adopt the FHS in place of FSSTND
- To: Joseph Carter <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian Development <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Bug#37345: PROPOSAL] Adopt the FHS in place of FSSTND
- From: Aaron Van Couwenberghe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 09:40:01 -0700
- Message-id: <19990509094001.E723@localhost>
- Mail-followup-to: Joseph Carter <email@example.com>, Debian Development <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <19990508232749.E15474@debian.org>; from Joseph Carter on Sat, May 08, 1999 at 11:27:49PM -0700
- References: <E10gI6t-0007Bi-00@polya> <19990508232749.E15474@debian.org>
On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 11:27:49PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 02:10:27AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > PROPOSAL
> > ========
> > (1) That section 3.1 of the policy be rewritten replacing every
> > reference to "FSSTND" by the equivalent reference to "FHS".
> > (2) That a period of consultation on -devel and/or -policy during the
> > course of the implementation of this change will determine which,
> > if any, exceptions to the FHS are required. This will form a new
> > section 3.1.3 of policy, whose exact wording obviously cannot be
> > proposed at this stage.
> YES, PLEASE! By all means I second this. Even if all packages cannot
> move to FHS right away we need to do our best to become compatible with
> the FHS. This will be required for LSB compliance anyway, so we might as
> well get going on it.
Too bad we load QA with another burden by this ;P. Oh well, everyone who
doesn't comply just gets a 'normal' bug...
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..email@example.com.. ..firstname.lastname@example.org....
Debian GNU/Linux: http://www.debian.org
"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson