Packages to give away (was: xfig and transfig)

On Sun, 09 May, 1999, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> Hi everyone, I am a member of Debian JP.
>
> xfig and transfig (fig2dev) are compiled with correct
> option for I18N in those Imakefiles like
>
> #define I18N
>
> but unfortunately there still remain some problems to use
> Japanese.
>
> I found that these are already reported to BTS but it seems
> not to be fixed yet. So I ask here about these problems.
>
> Fundamentally, there are only two fixes.
>
> - Install /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ja_JP.ujis/app-defaults/Fig
> which contains entries as follows:
>
> Fig.international: true
> Fig*international: false
>
> # This causes no effect if you don't set LANG=ja_JP.ujis
>
> - Install xfig-3.2.2/Doc/html/japanese/japanese.ps
> to /usr/lib/fig2dev/ja_JP.ujis.ps

xfig and transfig maintainer here.

I am not really sure what the question is, but as the poster points out, there
are unfixed bugs for xfig and transfig. I have exams coming up (it is that
time of year again). I can work on Debian after June, but I am going to have
to leave it for now.

I am afraid that xfig and transfig are not really the right packages for me. I
hardly use X anymore, and I do not know enough X code to understand all of the
xfig code.

So if somebody wants theses packages they can have them. On a side note,
somebody is working on a portuguese translation of xfig.

--
I consume, therefore I am