Re: Freeze date for potato?

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 04:41:09PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Michael Stone wrote:
> > On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 03:34:33PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > Argh. I've been waiting (and have put a major project on hold) for the past
> > > half year. I can't afford to wait much longer.
> >
> > What do you need perl 5.005 for that you can't do with perl 5.004? (Just
> > curious.)
>
> Threading.

I have one question. How has the abscense of one development package that no
other packages depend on ever been so important as to put a release on hold
until further notice? (ie someone finally takes the time to fix it up for
packaging...)
	If it hasn't been done yet, do we wait around and hope someone takes
on the job, or do we release anyway and incorporate an update as soon as
it's available? The logical answer seems quite clear to me. Besides,
there's nothing at all wrong with using homegrown or unofficial .debs.

Another two cents ;P I've got a big stack of pennies here...

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson