Re: Debian GNU/AmigaOS

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 07:53:16PM +0000, Edward John M. Brocklesby wrote:
> Ysgrifennodd quango@watervalley.net ar Sat, May 01, 1999 at 02:34:55PM -0500:
> > On May 01, Edward John M. Brocklesby wrote:
> > > since most of the GNU stuff (including GCC) has been ported to AmigaOS, I
> > > intend to start working on Debian GNU/AmigaOS.
> >
> > Sounds like an interesting project; however, I'm not sure AmigaOS is a
> > good environment for running POSIX programs (particularly since *BSD
> > and Linux are both available for the Amiga... and both could use some
> > dedicated work).  But that's just my two cents ;-)
>
> Yes.  However, it's got VM (non-free), and ixemul.library provides most posix
> calls (no fork() though, only vfork).. still, it should be interesting :)
>
> Now, if only I could find my AmigaOS install disk :(

Hey, ...

Hello, ...

count me in on this project, it has been a long time that i wanted to do
something like that, but addn't had time for it...

there is already an earlier version of dpkg, and other debian stuff, that was
compiled using the GeekGadget stuff (formerly ADE, found at www.ninemoons.com)

My first idea was to reuse stuff from GG, and repackage the basic stuff from
them in some kind of debian setup, using dpkg. Once that is done, the rest
should be easy, or at least done incrementaly, package by package ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER