Re: Q: The processing time for new maintainers

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 02:15:12PM +0200, Bo Branten wrote:
> In October 1998 I send in an application to become an Debian package
> maintainer for two programs I find usefull. Since then I have asked two
> times what is going on, the last time a few weeks ago Wichert Akkerman
> said he would look in to it.
>
> But since 6 months is a rather long time I think it would be interesting
> if other people post here and tell us how long they had to wait so we can
> get a better picture to know if it is a problem with the new maintainer
> processing and how long you should be prepared to wait.

The problem is probably somewhere on your end, since I sent my application
about the same time as you (which was BTW the time of the slink freeze so
the bussiness of the new-maintainer team is more than justified!), but I
became maintainer less than a month after that.

James was kind enough to provide me with details on what did I miss in my
application, however, maybe in your case he (nor Joey) just hasn't had
time to do it. Read the developers reference once again to check what your
new-maintainer application is lacking.