Re: Q: The processing time for new maintainers

Hi Bo,

On  5 May, Bo Branten wrote:
 > In October 1998 I send in an application to become an Debian package
 > maintainer for two programs I find usefull. Since then I have asked two
 > times what is going on, the last time a few weeks ago Wichert Akkerman
 > said he would look in to it.
 >
 > But since 6 months is a rather long time I think it would be interesting
 > if other people post here and tell us how long they had to wait so we can
 > get a better picture to know if it is a problem with the new maintainer
 > processing and how long you should be prepared to wait.

I had similar problems, but it wasn't because the new maintainer folks
didn't try.  I inadvertently gave them a telephone number which I am
generally not at during the day.  So, it wasn't for lack of trying on
their part.  In fact, they tried several times to reach me, much to
their credit.

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis