Re: Q: The processing time for new maintainers

Hi Bo,

On  5 May, Bo Branten wrote:
 > In October 1998 I send in an application to become an Debian package
 > maintainer for two programs I find usefull. Since then I have asked two
 > times what is going on, the last time a few weeks ago Wichert Akkerman
 > said he would look in to it.
 > But since 6 months is a rather long time I think it would be interesting
 > if other people post here and tell us how long they had to wait so we can
 > get a better picture to know if it is a problem with the new maintainer
 > processing and how long you should be prepared to wait.

I had similar problems, but it wasn't because the new maintainer folks
didn't try.  I inadvertently gave them a telephone number which I am
generally not at during the day.  So, it wasn't for lack of trying on
their part.  In fact, they tried several times to reach me, much to
their credit.

Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44  74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88  1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26