Re: sensible-browser script ?

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 10:31:07AM +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> This would be useful for one of my packages xfig. The only problem is that as
> an X program it can't just run sensible-browser and be done with it.
> sensible-browser can either run, lynx or netscape, if it wants lynx it must
> run an xterm, and run lynx inside that. But, if it netscape, we do not want an
> xterm. And if it is not being run from an X11 program, say from urlview in an
> xterm, it does not want to lanuch an extra xterm for lynx.
>
> Complicated, or is it just me over complicating things.

Complicated kinda...

if DISPLAY is set
  if we can find an X browser
    run it
  else
    if we can find an xterm/rxvt/whatever
      if we can find a console browser
        run the xterm with the console browser
      else
        return an error
      endif
    endif
  endif
else
  unset use_screen
  if STY and WINDOW are set
    set use_screen to '/usr/bin/screen ' or something
  endif
  if we can find a console browser
    run it (preceeded by the value of use_screen)
  else
    return an error
  endif
endif

* SynrG notes that the number of configuration questions to answer in
  sendmail is NON-TRIVIAL