Re: Tactics for eliminating spam

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 01:13:29PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > Even better reject anything without a To to you or a mailing list
> > address you're subscribed to, e.g. I use this in gnus:
>
> Unfortunately even this gets some real mail. There are people out there who
> generally reply to email by sending it to themselves and just CCing the real
> recipient.
>
> Anyway, anyone has an easy procmail rule for this?

:0
* !^TO<you>
spam/

Replace <you> with your username.  You could just use the LOGNAME
variable for that but I didn't here because I wanted to remind people who
get mail from more than one source you can or the usernames or even the
whole addresses if you wanted to do that...

Note I use maildir so no lock is needed.  And obviously this needs to go
in after mailing lists are processed.

* Twilight1 will have to hang his Mozilla beanie dinosaur in effigy if
  Netscape sells-out to Alot Of Losers..